- The witness is willing to devote the time necessary to complete the composite picture;
- A suitable environment is agreed whereby the witness is not likely to be distracted or engaged in a busy working environment;
- They are made aware that any composite image created may be published in the media
3. Multiple Witnesses
b. The witnesses do not work together in producing their own composite image and are not shown other composite images during the production of their own image.
4. Witness Support
5. Dispute over E-Fit
6. E-Fit Request Process
2. Enter job on spreadsheet and create job folder – Hyperlink job number to folder (e.g. FOLDER NAME 15EFIT01)
3. Contact witness. Did they see face and can they describe the facial features? (Within 24 hours of receiving request.)
4. Book Procedure (Within 7 days of receiving request. Ideally 3 days but depends on witness and staff availability)
2. Print completed image. Witness and operator to sign and date (WITNESS EXHIBIT IMAGE) Ensure warning is added re altering i.e. "To alter, add, tint, colour or change any details within the pictorial statement would amount to tampering with evidence"
3. Witness signs Statement (WITNESS STATEMENT)
2. Burn e-fit image to disk and file.
3. Operator signs statement (OPERATOR STATEMENT)
4. Scan operator notes (if produced) and place in job folder.
5. Inform OIC by e-mail that e-fit is completed and attach ID Sought poster.
6. Produce E-fit poster and upload to Niche documents along with statements.
7. Send Statements and Disk to OIC in post.
8. Close job on spreadsheet.
9. Archive job folder.
7. Circulation of image in the media
8. Security Videos and Stills
9. Witness Contamination
10. Staffing of Identification Suite
Fri 0800 - 2000
Sat & Sun 0800 – 1800 (only one member of staff covering these days)
14. Compliance with MOPI