M. : Yes
Jerónimo Boloix : I think that even though this first ruling is contrary to the interests of Amaral, it may facilitate the reopening of the case, I think Gonçalo should appeal this ruling and contribute to the case. What surprises me greatly is that they are trying to silence the book, and we have just seen a few seconds ago Paulo Sargento's statements.
AV : And what's your theory?
AV : ...the case has been shelved.
PS : I am sure that were it a Portuguese couple, the treatment wouldn't have been the same. The forensic evidence would have been constituted as proof, and probably the couple would be in prison. (4)
PS : They have changed the roles, also advised by image consultants, from the beginning Cuddle Cat in her hands, and then we saw that Kate disappeared from scene and Gerry took over the leadership. Gerry is very aggressive. He is very, very aggressive, he is a man who is very impulsive... ahhh, Maddie disappeared, between quotes, and Gerry McCann asked for a priest, if my daughter disappears I would ask for more police ... after that he requested an image consultant, to me it would be better to ask for more police. If somebody presents me the first piece evidence of an abduction, I'll shut up forever, but real evidence and discussed in a logical manner.
AV : How can we understand now that the accused is Gonçalo...?
PS : I believe in justice; I believe that justice will be done, I don't know when.
CGC : He speaks clear, categorical, absolutely, eh... Do you think, as he says that if the McCanns were Portuguese they would be in jail? What do you feel Mercedes?
Alfonso Egea : It's not a hypothesis; there have been examples in Portugal. There was one case of a child and the mother was not only suspected but was imprisoned, obviously the nationality of the MCs plays an important role here. Now after hearing Paulo Sargento imagine... (6)
CGC : Well, it's true that, in addition to what yourself and Paulo Sargento have said, it is clear that, when a child is missing and the first thing you do not do is call a priest, the first thing I would do is call the police, here they requested an image consultant, not more police to investigate, now that's... (9)
M. : I can say that the first article was published at 1 minute past 12 on May 4th. ??? We can see in the process that the first call to police from the Ocean Club's reception was at twenty to eleven PM... hum, the timings just don't fit.
CGC : It surprises me more, Mercedes, and some will think and I believe with good reason, you must be the person that knows more about this case here, because you have collected most of the information... "Until we know the truth". Well, what a commitment, no? You've made a commitment to Gonçalo Amaral and, do you think that we will know the truth if people like you don't throw the towel...?
JB : I want to ask Mercedes if you know the reason why this trial that has been held now, against Gonçalo Amaral's book, why haven't they admitted a witness or why haven't the English witnesses appeared?
(1) Si les médias ont construit, ils ne l'ont pas fait sur du néant.
(4) S'agissant d'un couple portugais de la classe ouvrière, il est probable que les auditions auraient ressemblé à des interrogatoires et non au simple recueil de déposition que connurent les MC. De là, évidemment, l'enquête aurait cheminé d'une autre manière.
(5) Les quatre couples du groupe laissaient seuls leurs enfants endormis, mais ils fermaient les portes à clef. Les MC annoncèrent, le soir du 3 mai, qu'une porte était ouverte pour que Madeleine puisse sortir si elle se réveillait. Qui croira que des médecins, par ailleurs parents aimants, soient capables d'une telle aberration ?
(9) Il est effectivement étrange d'appeler un prêtre qu'on ne connaît pas et qui ne parle pas votre langue, alors qu'un rite funéraire est intempestif.
(10) Il s'agit de l'ami des MC, Jon Corner, qui a été appelé après la famille quand même, mais a de sa propre initiative répandu sur la Toile des photos de Madeleine à l'intention des médias.
|L'extrême-onction est l'un des sept sacrements de l'Église|
Les MC à Lisbonne
09.03.2010 - Sandra Felgueiras (RTP1)
Les MC sont au Portugal pour prendre connaissance des informations rassemblées à Portimão par la PJ après le classement de l'enquête.
Gerald MC : We've now got them, errm... but, as I say, Kate and I haven't actually, errr... gone through them ourselves. (1)
SF : You have watched, for sure, the picture, errr... that has been broadcast last week in... by British media, errr... of, errr... apparently, errr... a girl looking like Madeleine, in New Zealand. As parents, did that girl look like Madeleine to you?
Kate MC : You know, she's not dissimilar to Madeleine. I actually thought she maybe looked a little bit young but, as you know, that little girl has been identified now anyway, so we know it's not Madeleine.
SF : Kate, as a mum, have you ever seen any picture, any video, that for you it could be Madeleine?
KMC : No. (laughs) Errm... To be honest we don't get shown a lot of the photographs anyway, errm... I think the police decided that there's... there's so many photographs that get sent to them and, you know, clips of CCTV that it's... (2)
SF : I don't know if you are aware that... that, errr... that in Portugal we have a 12-years, errr... old boy missing. What do you have to say to this parents?
SF : You confess that you think that some of these leads should have been better investigated. But last week, errr... the Portuguese Public General Attorney said that all the leads that were recently, errr... reported to the PJ after July 2008, errr... were totally investigated and none... none was sufficiently reliable to reopen the case. Why do you think that the General Public Attorney would say that if, errr... this wasn't true?
SF : Do you still believe that it is possible to find Madeleine alive?
SF : From all that have been talked, errr... through all this time, there's any that touched you most, that you kept thinking about it, could have been her?
SF : Can you tell me which were they?
(1) Le moins que l'on puisse dire est qu'ils ne semblent guère pressés..
(2) Leurs campagnes ont pour effet unique de susciter une avalanche de signalements fantaisistes, qui leur sont épargnés, cela expliquant ceci.
(3) C'est bien la première fois que Gerald MC exprime un doute ! Quid du "marketing ploy" que constituait le colobome de sa fille ?
(4) Il est possible que cela se produise dans le cas d'un nourrisson volé/adopté, mais il n'y a aucun exemple d'enfant de 3/4 ans se développant normalement après avoir été arraché à une famille aimante.
(5) Aucune information sérieuse n'a été portée à l'attention du Procureur mais Gerald considère qu'il n'est pas acceptable que les informations ne leur parviennent pas, alors qu'ils ont ri lorsque SF leur a demandé si une fois un signalement leur avait fait battre le coeur et ont d'ailleurs remarqué qu'il était rare qu'on les alerte, les signalement étant tous plus loufoques les uns que les autres.
(6) Cela semble logique, surtout que tout le monde sait que l'ADN peut incriminer. Dans ce cas il faut vraiment se débarrasser du corps de telle manière qu'il ne soit jamais retrouvé. Pourquoi ne pas chercher dans cette direction ?
(7) Ils n'ont vraiment pas l'air d'attendre quoi que ce soit des signalements..
Les MC à Lisbonne
09.03.2010 - Sara de Oliveira (SIC)
Sara Antunes de Oliveira : You're talking about, a lot of times, of that new information, new leads, new pictures. Can you tell us something about that? What kind of information?
Gerald MC : Kate and I haven't gone through all the information. Errr... We know that it's predominantly sightings, errm... from many different places around the world, errr... but including sightings from Spain and Portugal.
SAO : What are you doing to re-open the case?
SAO : Don't you fear that if the case is re-opened you might be considered suspects again?
KMC : It's never even crossed my mind and I think anybody who went through that file and has a certain amount of logic will know that it's ridiculous. I don't have any fear of that.
SAO : This is not the first time, errr... where you say that some leads, that some pictures, that some witnesses were not valued by the Portuguese police and you think they are relevant and important?
SAO : Do you want him to be removed from the case?
SAO : Do you fear... you won your first court case against Gonçalo Amaral, do you fear that with all the cases, the court cases you have against him, some people might think that it became an obsession for you?
SAO : Do you understand the people that think that rather strange that you spend a lot of energy and emotional resources in this court cases, errm... against Gonçalo Amaral when your grief and your loss is much bigger than anything else?
SAO : Do you consider the posibility of, errm... Madeleine not being alive?